Technical Assistance Services
The Community Health Worker Institute provides training and technical assistance (TA) to organizations on planning, designing, integrating and sustaining Community Health Worker (CHW) programs. Our TA process is framed from an equity lens, not just in terms of successful program implementation, but our work is centered in uplifting the expertise and experiences of individuals with lived experience, CHWs, and other leaders in the field.
Our TA team works alongside CHWs, program teams, organizations, collaborative groups and systems of all types to assess readiness and enhance capacity for the effective CHW model integration. We can provide introductory information for those new to the CHW workforce, ongoing coaching support on CHW model best practices, and change management strategies to ensure successful integration of the CHW model and best practice strategies. Our work is customized based on the needs of our partners and is a consultative process informed by the collective expertise of CHWs and other professionals experienced in implementing effective CHW programs.
We are here to assist.
Designing Community Health Worker Programs
- Developing new or revising existing workflows
- Assessing individual and community needs and identifying populations that CHWs can serve.
- Establishing CHW Caseloads
- Documenting CHW Activities
- Establishing effective team communication and feedback loops.
Understanding Screening and Responding to Social Determinants of Health
- Facilitation of a planning process for screening and responding to SDOH needs.
- Assessment for fit for organizations to determine which screening tool(s) provide the best fit based on individual needs (g., identifying domains to screen for).
- Assessment of organizational capacity to address SDOH (organizational services, resources and closing the loop on referrals).
Showing Impact and Sustaining CHW Programs
- Show Impact of Community Health Worker Programs
- Identifying the Best Approaches for Sustainable Financing Strategies
- Evaluation and Return on Investment